Junior Mechanical Engineer
OverDrive Fuel Cell Engineering Inc. helps the automotive industry succeed in the vehicle electrification market. We are a new, Vancouver-based clean technology company seeking team members to fuel our growth. Our mission is to be the world’s preeminent engineering design services provider in the fuel cell industry. Do you want to be a part of our mission?
We are looking for a Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
who will assist in the design of an electrochemical fuel cell to be made by a contract manufacturer. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, the design engineer will be involved in the full design cycle from concept to detailed design, continuing through design verification to manufacturing for production.
- Design of fuel cell hardware components including structural, electrical, and fluid routing
- Design of interfaces to the fuel cell system including sealing, mounting, and fluid transfer
- Plan and execute CFMEA, DFMEA, and DFMA
- Plan and execute design verification plan and complete conformity assessments
- Identify and select component suppliers, maintain relationships throughout the project
- Co-develop a quality assurance plan with the suppliers
- Troubleshoot and resolve component failures
- Develop component requirements and specification documents, hold design reviews, release design documentation, and complete other design and release activities
- A recent engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge in structural design, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- A proven track record of planning scope of work and working to a tight timeline within a project team
- Experience designing and fabricating prototypes, working with outside vendors
- A collaborative character
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and comfortable in front of an audience
- A desire to learn new technologies
- We are looking for a team member who not only brings the needed technical skill sets, but who will fit in with a diverse group of people from around the globe. Our team is experience-driven and shares a passion for technology while valuing integrity, ingenuity, and grit.