OverDrive Fuel Cell Engineering Inc. helps the automotive industry succeed in the vehicle electrification market. We are a new, Vancouver-based clean technology company seeking team members to fuel our growth. Our mission is to be the world’s preeminent engineering design services provider in the fuel cell industry. Do you want to be a part of our mission?
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer who will assist in the CAD for electrochemical fuel cell components and assembly, mechanical design, and fuel cell prototyping. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, the mechanical designer will support the full design cycle from concept to production.
- CAD modeling of fuel cell components and assemblies from concept through design release
- Plan and execute the design, procurement, and commissioning of hardware, jigs, and fixtures for prototyping, quality control, and experimental measurements
- Develop component requirements and specification documents, hold design reviews, release design documentation, and complete other design and release activities
- Manage the administration of the PDM (Product Data Management) system
- A degree or diploma in Mechanical Design or related field
- Greater than 5 years experience designing mechanical components, assemblies, and tooling and manufacturing them in-house or outsourced to suppliers
- Proficient with SolidWorks CAD software in the areas of top down design, surfacing, assemblies, and BOM management
- A desire to work in both an office environment and a prototyping lab environment (hands-on prototyping and operating machinery)
- A proven track record of planning scope of work and working to a tight timeline in collaboration with a project team
- Proficient with the principles of Configuration Management (CMII)
- Preference to those candidates with experience with fuel cells
We are looking for a team member who not only brings the needed technical skill sets, but who will fit in with a diverse group of people from around the globe. Our team is experience-driven and shares a passion for technology while valuing integrity, ingenuity, and grit.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com. Be sure your application clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience align to those outlined in this job posting.