Senior Executive Assistant – English & Mandarin Fluent
OverDrive Fuel Cell Engineering Inc. helps the automotive industry succeed in the vehicle electrification market.
As an emerging Vancouver based clean technology company, our team of seasoned industry experts share a
passion for engineering a better, cleaner world!
Our collective mission is to be the world’s preeminent engineering design services provider to the fuel cell industry. Do you want to be a part of our mission?
We are seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant
to partner in supporting the Executive Vice President by providing assistance on a diverse range of activities. This is expected to include Board meeting preparation, research, written communications and translation to Mandarin, company improvement initiatives, bookkeeping payroll / employee benefits, initiatives and events to support our culture and human resources support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day administrative support to the EVP and other Executives as required.
- Proactive and strategic Executive calendar management
- Board meeting preparation (i.e. scheduling, agenda, report preparation, minutes, resolution records, etc.)
- Conduct research on a variety of projects and execute in support of management initiatives
- Prepare various documents and presentations (including compilation of signatures and execution) and maintain up-to-date contact information
- Organize and coordinate internal and external meetings and events, including travel arrangements
- Provide follow up for all ongoing or outstanding matters and action items
- Take and prepare meeting minutes and other records ensuring original and working copies are collected and filed
- Expense management for EVP and other Executives as required
- Prepare purchase orders, process payments and assist accounting in record keeping and reconciliations
- Manage relationship with travel contractors, monitor travel costs, trends and employee experience
- Advocate of company culture and related events
- Administer full cycle Canadian payroll including:
- Update payroll system for regular pay, salary adjustments, bonus pay-outs, expenses etc.
- Manage relationships with payroll contractor
- Accurately complete all Provincial and Federal reporting and compliance requirements
- Manage employee benefits contractor and assist employees with benefits applications
- Update employee data records
- Other duties as assigned
- Fully fluent English and Mandarin
- 5 years minimum in a senior administrative capacity, preferably in a high-tech or manufacturing environment
- Excellent editing and analytical skills; prior contract review experience would be an asset
- Ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, tact and discretion when working with information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills: mature with a proven ability to work well with others throughout the organization
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively while maintaining flexibility with a client service focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Above-average ability to effectively organize and prioritize work assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Experience using automated payroll platforms and ERP systems
We are looking for a team member who not only brings the needed technical skill sets, but who will fit in with a diverse group of people from around the globe. Our team is experience-driven and shares a passion for technology while valuing integrity, ingenuity, and grit.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com
. Be sure your application clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience align to those outlined in this job posting.